Junior Level Designer, PT [Remote]
About the Position
GIB Games is looking for a
hard-working, passionate, and creative Junior Level Designer.
Do you have an attention to detail, a willingness to learn new skills alongside strong experience leads, a desire to learn from our players, and a passion for creating awesome and compelling new gameplay experiences? If so, we have the job for you!
As a Junior Level Designer, you will be able to grow your talents across multiple parts of the game as we create and expand our projects. You’ll have an opportunity to contribute to VR assets, create immersive VR spaces, and help to craft powerful VR experiences and systems across multiple genres of gameplay.
- · Become a master of internally-developed tools to create cohesive, immersive environments and drive gameplay.
- · Utilize 3D assets to create visually-appealing spaces in an organized manner inside Unity 3D.
- · Be able to balance and manage large and complex data sets.
- · Collaborate with cross-game teams on documenting, reviewing, and playtesting your designs.
- · Manage your work with development process tools such as Git and Jira.
- · Work directly with the team to identify key features to build or improve for in-game experiences.
- · Take creative direction from experience leads to meet game and player goals.
- · Learn from community feedback and data to improve player experiences.
- · Work with internal teams to iterate, expand, or add gameplay objects, game modes, and fix identified issues.
· Practical understanding of the design process including workflows, level design, and game mode design.
· Experience with assembling 3D environments and assembling working scenes using Unity3D components
· Experience in a game design team
· Passion for post launch game content
· Understanding and ability to balance large scale interconnected game systems.
· Able to critically review and analyze game systems and provide clear, honest, and respectful feedback.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience designing specifically for VR—this might include creation of environments for VR platforms such as VRChat.
· Scripting experience with C#.
· Experience with version control tools such as Git
· Experience with multiplayer frameworks such as Mirror or Photon
· A VR headset
· Passion for playing and making video games!
· Constantly curious, always seeking to learn and expand your skills.
· Positive and enthusiastic attitude with the ability to listen to all voices, to be collaborative in a team environment.
GIB Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.